Iceport Cold Storage Terminal
Iceport operates as a logistic center specialized in cold storage cargo. Its solutions integrate management and logistics in warehousing operations, road transport and the Depot of Reefer containers, providing all the structure necessary to exporting and importing its clients’ refrigerated cargo.
Iceport occupies an area of 50,000 sqm, static storage capacity for 16,000 pallet positions and an antechamber with 13 docks for receiving and dispatching goods. The chamber is fully automated and has six transelevators, increasing operational capacity with a more accurate inventory management. In addition to the chamber, it also offers transport and container depot storage services, fully managed by a team of skilled and motivated employees.
- Integrated logistics management;
- Cargo consolidation;
- Storage services;
- Recovery of cold temperature;
- Container stowage;
- Stock management;
- Packing list;
- Stock inventory;
- Container resealing;
- Energy monitoring in reefer container plugging;
- Road transport, internal: Terminal – Chamber – Terminal, External: to other locations and washing of trailer-trucks and containers.
Automated Vertical Chamber
- 14,324 thousand positions/pallets.
- Six automated transelevators.
- Pallet dynamic weight checking systems at entry.
- Barcode pallet ID labeling.
- Handling capacity (entry and departure) of 280 pallets/hour.
- 1,536 simple pallet positions.
- Three tunnels for cold temperature reinforcement with 30 pallet positions each.
- Automated checking system for palletized cargo size.
- 13 loading and unloading docks.
- Electric palletizers and trans-palletizers.
- Electric and gas forklifts for external yard.
- Collectors for electronic cargo checking through radiofrequency.
- Stock control through the WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Barcode pallet ID labels.
- Process management through data collectors with barcode scanners.
- Electronic checking of cargo entry and departure using RFID technology.
- Compatibility with data transmission via EDI.
- Automated storage.
Iceport has an Export Authorization Certificate issued by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply (MAPA), the agency responsible for authorizing food industries to export to the following markets:
- European Union;
- Russia Federation;
- General List;
- Special List;
- Others *
*Check the detailed list of authorizations in the MAPA – SIGSIF system
In order to obtain the certificates, the company must meet rigorous criteria required by the prevailing legislation and comply with the international quality standards which ensure food safety across all production stages. In addition to these certifications, Iceport is ISO 9001 certified.
Integrated Management System (IMS) Policy
Iceport – Terminal Frigorífico de Navegantes S/A, operating as a cold storage facility, within the Integrated Management System process, focuses its efforts on meeting the following guidelines:
- Seek customer satisfaction, striving to meet all its their requirements within the terms agreed upon;
- Ensure the compliance of the legislation, norms and all the applicable requirements related to the IMS;
- Manage all its significant environmental aspects and impacts to guarantee the preservation of the environment and prevention of pollution;
- Commit to the prevention of work-related injuries and illnesses;
- Maintain a team skilled for carrying out its duties and informed of the characteristics of the activities of the port terminal and cold storage facility;
- Continuously improve the efficiency and performance of the Integrated Management System.
Board of Executive Officers May 3, 2017 – v.10″