Portonave defined the following guidelines within its strategic planning process:
Offer excellent port services, connected to best practices.
To be a global reference in safety, efficiency and quality in port operations.
- Customer Focus
- Valuing People
- Commitment to Excellence
Integrated Management System (IMS)
Portonave operates under an Integrated Management System (IMS). Based on ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management) and ISO 37001 (Anti-bribery Management), the system involves all of the Port Terminal’s activities. With an interactive and integrated system, which is in constant communication, the IMS is continuously improving quality, environmental and occupational, health and safety performance, in compliance with internationally recognized standards.
The Integrated Management System allows even greater transparency, through which employees are aware of all activities and the standardized processes have a supportive environment for their review and improvement, among other benefits.
The System’s policy guides the Organization’s actions regarding management systems. It is currently approved as follows:
“Portonave S/A – Terminais Portuários de Navegantes, a container port operator and Iceport Terminal Frigorífico de Navegantes S/A, a frozen cargo storage facility, taking into account the scope of their Integrated Management System, direct their efforts toward meeting the following guidelines:
- Ensuring Customer Satisfaction, by fulfilling requirements within the agreed terms.
- Ensuring Compliance with the Legislation and other requirements applicable to the Integrated Management System.
- Managing environmental aspects and impacts, focused on waste and hazardous loads management, preventing pollution, and protecting the environment.
- Eliminating hazards and reducing risks, with a special focus on those related to moving and storing loads and maintaining assets, in order to provide safe and healthy work conditions and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Promoting Inquiry and Participation by employees and, when applicable, by representatives in subjects related to the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Ensuring business is conducted with Honesty and Ethics, as established by the Anti-bribery Policy and the Code of Conduct.
- TEnsuring business is managed with Sustainability, considering economic, social, and environmental factors, and looking to fulfill the present and future generations’ needs, as established by the Sustainability Policy.
- Continuously improve processes and the performance of the Integrated Management System.
Rev.013 – 19 december 2019
To learn more about Portonave’s environmental management click here.