Portonave defined the following guidelines within its strategic planning process:
Offer excellent port services, connected to best practices.
To be a global reference in safety, efficiency and quality in port operations.
- Customer Focus
- Valuing People
- Commitment to Excellence
Integrated Management System (IMS)
Portonave operates under an Integrated Management System (IMS). Based on ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management) and ISO 37001 (Anti-bribery Management), the system involves all of the Port Terminal’s activities. With an interactive and integrated system, which is in constant communication, the IMS is continuously improving quality, environmental and occupational, health and safety performance, in compliance with internationally recognized standards.
The Integrated Management System allows even greater transparency, through which employees are aware of all activities and the standardized processes have a supportive environment for their review and improvement, among other benefits.
The System’s policy guides the Organization’s actions regarding management systems. It is currently approved as follows:
“Portonave S/A – Terminais Portuários de Navegantes, working as a port terminal operator, and Iceport Terminal Frigorífico de Navegantes S/A, working as a freezer chamber operator, considering the scope of the Integrated Management System, are directing their e‑orts to fulfill the following guidelines:
- Seeking CUSTOMER SATISFACTION by fulfilling requirements within agreed terms.
- Ensuring COMPLIANCE WITH THE LEGISLATION and other requirements applicable to the Integrated Management System.
- Managing environmental aspects and impacts, focused on waste and hazardous loads management, PREVENTING POLLUTION AND PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT.
- Eliminating hazards and reducing risks, with a special focus on those related to moving and storing loads and maintaining assets, in order to provide safe and healthy work conditions and PREVENT OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AND ILLNESSES.
- Promoting INQUIRY AND PARTICIPATION by employees and, when applicable, by their representatives in matters related to the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Ensuring the necessary competencies and communications related to the Food Safety Management System to employees in order to PREVENT CONTAMINATION AND KEEP FOOD SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION.
- Ensuring business is conducted with HONESTY AND ETHICS, as established by the Anti-bribery Policy and the Code of Conduct.
- Managing businesses SUSTAINABLY, considering economic, social, and environmental factors, aiming at fulfilling current and future generations’ needs, as established by the Sustainability Policy.
- CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE processes and the performance of the Integrated Management System
Rev.016 – July 03rd, 2023.
To learn more about Portonave’s environmental management click here.