Portonave defined the following guidelines within its strategic planning process:
Offer excellent port services, connected to best practices.
To be a global reference in safety, efficiency and quality in port operations.
- Customer Focus
- Valuing People
- Commitment to Excellence
Integrated Management System (IMS)
Portonave operates under an Integrated Management System (IMS). Based on ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management), the system involves all of the Port Terminal’s activities. With an interactive and integrated system, which is in constant communication, the IMS is continuously improving quality, environmental and occupational, health and safety performance, in compliance with internationally recognized standards.
The Integrated Management System allows even greater transparency, through which employees are aware of all activities and the standardized processes have a supportive environment for their review and improvement, among other benefits.
The System’s policy guides the Organization’s actions regarding management systems. It is currently approved as follows:
“Portonave S/A – Terminais Portuários de Navegantes, a container port operator and Iceport Terminal Frigorífico de Navegantes S/A, a frozen cargo storage facility, taking into account the scope of their Integrated Management System, direct their efforts toward meeting the following guidelines:
- To seek CLIENT SATISFACTION, meeting their requirements pursuant to the agreed terms and conditions.
- To assure the COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS and other requirements applicable to their management system.
- To manage environmental aspects and impacts, with focus on waste management and hazardous cargo, in order TO PREVENT POLLUTION AND PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT.
- To eliminate its hazards and reduce risks, especially those related to cargo handling and storage and asset maintenance, to provide safe and healthy working conditions in order to PREVENT INJURIES AND OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES.
- To promote CONSULTATION AND PARTICIPATION of professionals, and where they exist, their representatives, in matters related to the Occupational Safety and Health Management System.
- To conduct it’s business with HONESTY AND ETHICS as set forth in the Anti-Bribery Policy and Code of Conduct.
- To provide CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT to processes and performance of the Integrated Management System.
Rev.013 – 19 december 2019
To learn more about Portonave’s environmental management click here.